2012 Publications and Presentations by Psychology Graduate Students
First-Authored Publications in Peer-Reviewed Journals
Stars indicate grad student, double star undergrad
- *Baker, J.M., *Morath, J., *Rodzon, K.S., & Jordan, K.E. (2012) A shared system of representation governing quantity discrimination in canids. Frontiers in Comparative Psychology 3, 387. (Special issue on Number without language: Comparative psychology and the evolution of numerical cognition).
- *Crosby, J. M., *Dehlin, J. P., & *Mitchell, P. R., & Twohig, M. P. (2012). Acceptance and commitment therapy and habit reversal training for the treatment of trichotillomania. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, 19, 595-605.
- *Dahl, A.L., & Galliher, R. V. (2012). LGBTQ adolescents and young adults raised within a Christian religious context: Positive and negative outcomes. Journal of Adolescence, 35(6), doi:10.1016/j.adolescence.2012.07.003\
- *Dahl, A.L., & Galliher, R.V. (2012). The interplay of sexual and religious identity development in LGBTQ adolescents and young adults: A qualitative inquiry. Identity: An International Journal of THeory and Research, 12(3), 217-246. doi:10.1080/15283488.2012.691255
- *Johnson, P. S., Madden, G. J., & *Stein, J. S. (2012). Effects of pramipexole on rats’ preference for gambling-like rewards II. Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 20, 167-172.
- *Matthews, A.R., He, O.H., Buhusi, M., & Buhusi, C.V. (2012) Dissociation of the role of the prelimbic cortex in interval timing and resource allocation: beneficial effect of norepinephrine and dopamine reuptake inhibitor nomifensine on anxiety-inducing distraction. Frontiers in Integrative Neuroscience 6:111.doi: 10.3389/fnint.2012.00111
The publication can be downloaded free of charge at the following website:
Frontiers in Integrative Neuroscience
- *Stein, J. S., *Johnson, P. S., *Smits, R. R., *Renda, R., **Liston, K. J., Shahan, T. S., & Madden, G. J. (in press). Early and prolonged exposure to reward delay: Effects on impulsive choice and alcohol self-administration. Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology.
- *Stein, J. S., *Smits, R. R., *Johnson, P. S., **Liston, K. J., & Madden , G. J. (in press). Reward bundling and impulsive choice. Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior.
- *Stein, J.S., & Madden, G.J., & (2013). The relation between delay discounting and substance use disorder. In H. de Wit & J. MacKillop (Eds.), Handbook of Addiction. Blackwell-Wiley.
- *Stein, J. S., Pinkston, J. W., *Brewer, A. T., *Francisco, M. T., & Madden, G. J. (2012). Delay discounting in Lewis and Fischer 344 rats: Implications for the use of an adjusting-amount procedure to detect between-strain differences. Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior, 97, 305-321.
- *Thrailkill, E. A., & Shahan, T. A. (2012). Resistance to change and relapse of observing. Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior, 97, 279-302.
- *Urruty, K. & Galliher, R. V. (2012). Sport participation as a critical context for physical activity among rural adolescents. Journal of Rural Community Psychology, E14(2). Retrieved from http://www.marshall.edu/JRCP/PDFVOL/14.2%20-%20Urruty.pdf.
- *Woidneck, M. R., *Pratt, K. M., *Gundy, J. M., **Nelson, C., & Twohig, M. P. (2012). Exploring cultural competence in acceptance and commitment therapy outcome research. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 43, 227-233.
- *Wheeler, A.J., *Gundy, J.M., & DeBerard, M.S. (2012). Predicting compensation and medical costs of lumbar fusion patients receiving workers' compensation using presurgical biopsychosocial variables. Spine, 37(7), 605-611.
- Angie Dahl: Assistant Professor of Psychology, Ferrum College in Ferrum, Virginia
- Kenli Urruty: Staff Psychologist, University of Tennessee Student Counseling Center
- Patrick Johnson: Postdoctoral Fellow, Behavioral Pharmacology Research Unit at Johns Hopkins Medical School.
- Jesse Crosby: Postdoctoral Fellow, McLean Hospital
- Eric Thraikill: Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Vermont
- Andrew Armstrong: Therapist, Central Washington Counseling Center
- Melissa Donovick: Assistant Professor, University of Oregon, Counseling Psychology and Human Services Department
- Todd Lindsley: Staff Counselor, Dartmouth, Counseling and Human Development (CHD) Department
- Audrey Schwartz: Staff Psychological Resident, Washington State University, Counseling and Testing Services