WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY CLINIC
Providing psychological services to children, adolescents, and adults
Description of Clinic
The Psychology Community Clinic (PCC) is a mental health clinic operated by the Psychology Department at Utah State University. Services are provided to children, adolescents, and adults.
The Psychology Community Clinic serves as a training clinic and all services are provided by psychology graduate students enrolled in a one of the training programs in the Psychology Department. All students work under supervision of doctoral-level, licensed psychologists.
The Psychology Community Clinic offers therapeutic and diagnostic services for a variety of presenting concerns including:
Therapy Services for:
- Anxiety, including OCD
- Adjustment issues
- Disruptive child behaviors. Including ADHDParent-child relationship issues
A range of treatment approaches are used included Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Therapy sessions are typically 50-minutes and occur once a week.
Comprehensive assessments for children and adults are provided for:
- Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder
- Learning Disabilities
- Fees are set on a sliding scale according to the client’s monthly income and the number of persons living in the household.
- Services provided by the PCC are part of ongoing psychology graduate student training at Utah State University. Fees are used by the Psychology Community Clinic to support the clinic. Students and faculty do not receive payment from the client fees for services delivered as part of the training program.
- A fee arrangement will be made with the clinic manager before the intake session. This arrangement is subject to change. Clients are responsible to alert the clinic staff of any changes in income and/or household size.
- Cancellation policy: Clients are required to give 24 hours notice for all cancellations. Failure to provide this notice may result in a charge
Hours and Contact Information
Clinic hours of operation are Monday thru Thursday from 8:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. and Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
To schedule an initial appointment or for any questions regarding services, please call the clinic staff at (435) 797-3401.
In a crisis situation please call Bear River Mental Health at (435) 752-0750 or the police emergency hotline (911).
Directions and Parking
The PCC is located in room 413 on the 4th floor of the Emma Eccles Jones Education Building on the Utah State University campus. From Main Street, turn east on 500 North and turn left at 700 east. Go up the hill and go through the stop light. At the first main cross walk, there will be a parking tower to the right and a few steps ahead on the left is the Education Building
Please park in the Big Blue Parking Terrace. Tokens are provided to cover the parking fee.