Professional School Counselor Education (MEd)
This calendar details a 3 year schedule to complete the School Counseling MEd Program. This schedule is subject to change.
For more details on the relevant courses, assigned professors, and availability, please visit the Psychology Course Listings Page.
Broadcast (live, interactive): Tuesday Evenings (Statewide)
- Class 1: 5:15-7:45 p.m.
- Class 2: 8:00-10:30 p.m.
Kaysville (Face to Face): Thursday Evenings
- Class 1: 4:30-7:00 p.m.
- Class 2: 7:30-10:00 p.m.
- PSY6530: Developmental Psychology: Lifespan (3 credits)--Camille Odell
- PSY6330: Principles of Psychological Measurement and test theory (3 credits)--Justin Barker
- PSY6460: Ethical, Legal & Professional Issues in School Counseling (3 credits)--Kathryn Bitner
- PSY6240: Comprehensive School Counseling Programs (3 credits)--Kris Hart
- PSY6350: Introduction to Theories of Intervention in Psychology (3 credits)--Amy Kleiner
- PSY6340: Consultation in the Schools (3 credits)--Thomas Wiltbank
- PSY6260: Career Development (2 credits, online)--Kathryn Bitner
- PSY6130: Evidence-Based Practice: School Intervention (3 credits)--Marietta Veeder
- PSY6290: Diversity Issues in Treatment and Assessment (3 credits)-- Chris Chapman
- PSY6370: Practicum in School Counseling (Weekly evening class plus 150 clock hours in a school setting) (3 credits)--Sandra Ameel
- PSY6420: Group Counseling in the Schools (3 credits)-- Chris Chapman
- PSY6390: Program Evaluation in the Schools: Models and Guidelines (3 credits)--Megan Stone
- PSY6610: College and Career Readiness for School Counselors (3 credits)--Sandra Ameel
- PSY6700: Grant Writing for School Counselors (On-Line,2 credits)--Marilyn Hammond & Jeffrey Sheen
- PSY 6250: Internship (6 credits - 600 clock hours) Students may choose to complete the internship in one or two semesters)--USU Liaison: Beverly Pickup
Question, Comments, or Help is Available.
Camille Odell, Director of Training, School Counselor Education Program